How Can We Best Help You?
- Attend our workshops held monthly in 5 different locations around the Midlands. We ask for a £3 fee to cover room hire and refreshments,
- Via email. If we’ve made a difference and helped you then please consider a small donation or annual subscription to further support our work,
- We are unable to support a telephone based support service.
What Happens In Our Workshops?
- Everyone has the opportunity to talk through their present situation & explore how to move it forward in a group setting,
- Experienced volunteers who have been through it themselves offer practical help and support,
- All attendees can share through their own experiences to support others,
- Everyone is at different stages of a cycle to achieve their ultimate goal to have regular and quality time with their children.
How Can We Help You Via Email?
- Usually there is a story to tell, never straightforward, and often complicated,
- We need to understand and get to the facts and away from the emotion as best we can,
- Please complete our Questionnaire which provides vital background information so that we can try and understand what are the issues and points of conflict and tension,
- Please refer to the Data Protection notes within the Questionnaire so that you can be reassured of our utmost integrity in our dealings with you.
What Can’t We Do
- We don’t offer any legal advice as we’re not trained or qualified. We rely on our own life experiences instead to provide a practical and common sense approach to supporting you.
- We don’t have all the answers. But there is always a different side to a story or a different perspective to consider. It’s sometimes easier to talk to a stranger who can see things with a fresh pair of eyes to help you.
- explain how the court system works – step by step
- advise you on how to prepare for a court hearing
- help you choose a solicitor
- help you to represent yourself in court should you choose to do so
- help you to prepare for meetings with CAFCASS (Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service)
- help you focus on the needs of your child/children